NOTE: You will need a Bluetooth (BLE) compatible heart rate strap to use the TRAIN feature within Morpheus. Both the M5 and the M3 are compatible.
Select TRAIN from within the app navigation.
- Conditioning should be selected for training that is primarily focused on any kind of cardio in the workout.
- Strength should be selected if the workout will only include strength training.
- Mixed should be selected if the session will include both types of training.
NOTE: Heart rate zones will not be displayed if Strength is selected, though Morpheus will still track heart rate and volume and intensity via RPE at the end of the session to help monitor recovery.
NOTE: if using your M5, you should set your M5 into TRAIN mode so that you can see your heart rate prior to trying to connect it to the app.
On the M5
- Once you’ve chosen your workout type, select Start.
- Choose either the Bluetooth heart rate monitor of your choice or the Morpheus M3 or M5 from the list of detected devices, then press Okay.
- The app will connect to your heart rate monitor and display your heart rate in the center gauge located in the middle of the screen.
- Select Start.
- After 10 seconds, the app will begin charting your heart rate in the Chart feature at the bottom of the screen. You can toggle between the Chart view and the Live display, which shows your heart rates continuously instead of in 10-second intervals.
You can change the time range displayed within the Live and Chart views by tapping anywhere on the graph.
To see the total time you’ve spent in each of the training zones, select the Zones view.
- Your Conditioning Zone will immediately appear as a green section within the center heart rate gauge.
- Notice that in both the “Zones” view and within the center heart rate gauge, your heart rate zones will be depicted as follows: Blue for recovery, Green for conditioning, and Red for overload.
- To pause or end the workout, select the blue Pause button and follow the prompt to Finish or Resume.
- When you press Finish, a post-workout questionnaire will appear. Answer the questions by moving the slider scale anywhere from 0 to 10.
- When rating workout difficulty (RPE), 10 is the most difficult and 0 is the least.
- When rating your performance, 0 is your worst performance; 10 is your best performance.
- Press Submit once you’ve completed the questionnaire.
- You can visualize your workout summary in the Results screen. To view your time in each training zone, tap on the zone color you wish to view on the circle graph.
- After you complete a workout, make sure to return to the home (Track) screen to see your recovery score adjust up or down, depending on volume and intensity of the workout. Morpheus analyzes your time in each zone, total time, average heart rate, and RPE in order to calculate post-workout recovery score.
- Very challenging workouts lasting 60+ minutes can cause a drop of 12-18%
- Moderately challenging workouts lasting 45-60 minutes can cause a drop of 8-12%.
- Recovery based training lasting 30-45 minutes can often stimulate an increase in recovery of 3-5%.